Monday, February 21, 2011

Rekindled Friendships

With skiing! Wow, I had forgotten how much fun skiing is! As a kid, we used to take day trips up to the mountains for some fun in the snow and I remember having a good time. nothing specific, though.

When I met Clint, he asked if I skied or snowboarded, as he had done some snowboarding in the past and was interested in continuing that in WA. I mentioned that I skied as a kid and would love to go more. Well, we went one time the first winter we met, then nothing...

So this year we made a decision to go, a lot. To date, I have spent 8 days on my skis this year, and can't wait for more! We have been to Steven's Pass, Mt. Baker, and most recently Mission Ridge. MR is where I learned to ski when I was about 8 or 9. I remember nothing about that place, but as soon as I got to the top of the mountain; I remembered the wind. Holy cow! It was a struggle to make it DOWN the steep ice-faced hill that greets you right off the chairlift. And it was STEEP! But the wind was blowing up the hill so hard it was tough to get enough speed to make it down!

OK, well anyway. Let's just say that I'm a fiend. I can't get enough! Our improvement this year is very noticeable. Our first trip out was OK, and Clint & I were about the same skill level. We have improved together, and we're still the same skill level, which makes our trips out even better. We can both just haul ass down the mountain and not have to stop and wait for one another.

I love skiing!

No comments:

Post a Comment