Monday, August 29, 2011

PTI Make It Monday #30: Colored Pencils

As chance should have it, no work on Monday! So instead, I had the chance to hang out in my craft room with the kitties all morning making cards. *Sigh*


I decided to participate in this week's Make It Monday challenge: colored pencils. I am usually quite averse to anything that requires coloring (or hand cutting), but decided to give it a go anyway.


Here's Nichole's blurb about the challenge:


"Everybody is crazy over Copic markers, but we're kickin' it old school today with a video on colored pencils. Let Jennifer show you how inexpensive, blendable, and impressive projects can be using this coloring medium."


And here's my card. Note: I used the colored pencils on a colored card stock base, so I had some of the melon berry color peeking through. I used a combination of three colors; pink, coral and maroon to get my rose effect. What do you think?



5 comments:

  1. what a beauty! I am so inspired. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Très jolie !!! :-)

    Greetings from France !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card , I love the glitter edge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the color on color! Great job and a beautiful result!

    ReplyDelete